Welcome to MobiBoats!
MobiBoats has established a network for people (“MobiBoats Network”) through its mobile applications on Apple App Store and Google Play Store (“MobiBoats Mobile Applications”) and website, http://www.mobiboats.co (“MobiBoats Website”). Any person who fulfils the criteria set out in the following section (Membership and Subscription) can become a member of the MobiBoats Network (“Member”), upon receiving an invitation from MobiBoats or from a Member, by paying the fee stipulated in their chosen subscription plan (“Subscription Fee”).
MobiBoats provides its Members an online environment to interact with each other and offline opportunities to meet each other in person at events selected by MobiBoats or its Members and organised by vendors identified by MobiBoats or its Members (“Network Events”).
Please note that MobiBoats is not a matchmaking service and does not guarantee a match. MobiBoats takes utmost care to screen all applicants and ensure their eligibility and suitability to join the MobiBoats Network but does not make any representations about or stand guarantee to the character of its Members.
Applying for Membership
You can become a Member of the MobiBoats Network only through an invitation from MobiBoats or from a Member. You are welcome to request an invitation by applying to join the MobiBoats Network on the MobiBoats Mobile Applications.
You must be over 18 years of age to be considered for membership to the MobiBoats Network.
MobiBoats reserves the right to approve or reject your application or reference for membership without assigning any reason. MobiBoats may choose to conduct an interview—either in person or through video chat, audio chat, phone, or any other means of communication—to verify your application and ascertain your eligibility and suitability for membership to the MobiBoats Network.
By applying to be a Member, you consent to receive communication from MobiBoats in all forms including phone calls, emails, mailers, and text messages. This consent shall supersede any registration, or preferences set, by you with the Do Not Disturb Register (DND Register) or the National Customer Preference Register (NCPR).
Membership and Subscription
If your application for membership is accepted, MobiBoats will create a Member profile based on the information that you provided in your application and interview. Once you approve this profile, MobiBoats reserves the right to upload your profile on the MobiBoats Mobile Applications and MobiBoats Website. Your profile will be accessible to other Members, based on your privacy settings, once you become a Member by paying the Subscription Fee. The Subscription Fee paid is non-transferrable.
By becoming a Member, you consent to continue receiving communication from MobiBoats in any form including phone calls, emails, mailers, and text messages. This consent shall supersede any registration with or preferences set by you with the Do Not Disturb Register (DND Register) or the National Customer Preference Register (NCPR).
MobiBoats reserves the right to modify its subscription plans at any time. MobiBoats will notify you of any changes to its subscription plans.
Your membership begins on the day MobiBoats receives your Subscription Fee. However, if the subscription plan you choose, any promotional offer of MobiBoats that you may be using, or the terms of your invitation to join MobiBoats provide otherwise, your membership will begin on the day specified in such subscription plan, promotional offer, or terms of your invitation. Your membership will be activated only after MobiBoats receives your payment of the Subscription Fee.
You agree to behave responsibly at Network Events. At Network Events where alcohol is served, you agree that you will consume alcohol only if you are above the applicable legal drinking age and that you will drink in a responsible manner.
MobiBoats does not bear any responsibility for any accidents or untoward incidents involving Members before, during, or after Network Events, whether arising out of irresponsible behaviour of any of its Members or otherwise.
At Network Events involving any physical activity, such as hiking, adventure sports, or paintball, you should ensure that you are physically able and fit to participate in that activity. By registering for such Network Events, you agree that MobiBoats does not bear any responsibility for any injury or harm arising out of any accidents or any untoward incidents at such Network Events.
Charges for Network Events are distinct from the Subscription Fee. Since seats at Network Events are limited, registrations are on a first-come-first-served basis. When you register for a Network Event, you authorise MobiBoats to act as your agent to book your spot with the applicable vendors and make payments on your behalf.
Charges for Network Events are non-transferrable. Charges for Network Events are also non-refundable, unless MobiBoats or the concerned vendor unilaterally decide to cancel the Network Event.
Interaction among Members
MobiBoats does not bear any responsibility for Member-to-Member interactions—whether online, or at Network Events, or at Member-initiated “get-togethers”, dates, or other events offline. MobiBoats is not responsible to Members who intentionally, or otherwise, disclose their personal information in the free text areas of MobiBoats Mobile Applications, MobiBoats Website, email correspondence, or in any publically accessible forum.
When interacting with other Members, you agree that:
- You will be using your discretion when sharing personal information through the MobiBoats Mobile Applications or MobiBoats Website.
- You will use the privacy tools and settings available on the MobiBoats Mobile Applications to protect your Member profile and ensure that other Members can only view information that you are comfortable disclosing.
- You will be using your discretion when meeting and interacting with other Members offline, whether at Network Events or otherwise.
- You will be using your discretion and judgement as to the character and compatibility of other Members.
- You will use in a lawful and responsible manner, any information (personal or otherwise) provided by other Members.
- You will not use the MobiBoats Mobile Applications, MobiBoats Website or any information provided there to solicit business, send junk mail or chain mail, or use it for commercial purposes.
- You will not post content that is obscene, hurtful, defamatory, violative of copyrights or trademark rights, or violative of any law applicable to publication of such content.
Any reward points or badges that MobiBoats offers (“MobiBoats Rewards”), including for use of the MobiBoats Mobile Applications, MobiBoats Website and participation in Network Events, are complimentary. Any MobiBoats Rewards you may earn may only be redeemed in a manner provided by MobiBoats. You may not transfer or assign MobiBoats Rewards to any other person. MobiBoats reserves the right to nullify, at its sole discretion, any MobiBoats Rewards that you may earn .
Any dispute regarding MobiBoats Rewards shall not constitute a claim against MobiBoats. In all matters regarding MobiBoats Rewards, the decision of MobiBoats shall be final and binding.
Termination of Membership
MobiBoats reserves the right to terminate your membership in the following situations:
- If you provided incorrect or misleading information in your application for membership.
- If you provide incorrect or misleading information on your online profile.
- If you use a pseudonym instead of your real name on your profile.
- If you create multiple accounts on the MobiBoats Mobile Applications or MobiBoats Website.
- If you refuse to provide documents requested by MobiBoats, such as a proof of identity, to establish your identity, or your claims on your profile.
- If you share your MobiBoats account details with anyone.
- If you share information relating to another Member, without that Member’s consent.
- If you use the MobiBoats Mobile Applications or MobiBoats Website to solicit business, send junk or chain mail, or promote any commercial purpose.
- If you use the MobiBoats Mobile Applications or MobiBoats Website to post obscene, hurtful, or defamatory content. In such cases, MobiBoats reserves the right to initiate legal action against you.
- If you use the MobiBoats Mobile Applications or MobiBoats Website to post content that is violative of copyrights or trademark rights, or violative of any law applicable to publication of such content. In such cases, MobiBoats reserves the right to initiate legal action against you.
- If you copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell anything that is the proprietary material of MobiBoats. In such cases, MobiBoats also reserves the right to initiate legal action against you.
- If, at the sole discretion of MobiBoats, any behaviour on your part is construed as harassment of other Members or MobiBoats’ employees. In such cases, MobiBoats also reserves the right to initiate legal action against you.
You may terminate your membership with the MobiBoats Network at any time.
MobiBoats may create additional policies to govern the use of the MobiBoats Mobile Applications, MobiBoats Website, Network Events, and any other services provided by MobiBoats. MobiBoats will circulate to each of its existing Members a copy of such policies. Continued use of the MobiBoats Mobile Applications, MobiBoats Website or MobiBoats’ services after circulation of such policies will be deemed to be an acceptance of such policies.